Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Angry Words


Angry Words

I take my pen in hand,
while I take your heart for granted
if I could have written my life story
this is not how I would have planned it.

We had dreams to lose and lies to tell;
fallen stars lost in a wishing well....
When I'm gray with gnarled bones,
my pain will haunt me when I'm alone.

You pushed me away with angry words,
my reaction unseen like a hummingbird.
So fleeting were our past transgressions,
much too late for repentant confessions.

Forgotten vows are remembered now...
we will figure this out, somehow.
When I leave this life, this much I pray...
may our anger not doom us on judgment day.




Another one written 8/5/01. That must have been one heck of a bad day! :)

1 comment:

neicybelle said...

that one, too, hit home...wow! that was excellent! i especially liked the first and last stanzas...