Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Silent Sacrifice



Silence makes my heart wander
no absence makes us grow fonder
You are you and I am me
We've glossed over our individuality.

Years go by and tears fall down
laughter fades and comes back around.
I've lost myself while you've found you
there is nothing left of this dream come true.

Fights and conflicts, rain and shine
what's mine is yours, what's yours is mine.
Who is to blame, we cannot tell
we've tasted heaven and lived through hell.

Conversations are continuations of
a struggle that never ends in love
Happily ever after lies
all that's left is family ties.

On the other side of a perfect rainbow
is just more pain, this much I know.
At least with you there is familiarity
even if I sacrificed my own identity.



Written 8/5/01.

1 comment:

neicybelle said...

it feels good to know that i'm not the only one who feels that way sometimes...