Thursday, September 14, 2006

Games

hide and seek
seek and go hide
how many times
to your face
have i lied?

bob and weave
form a story
leave out details
that are
far too gory.

image is everything
no matter
what they say
can't keep on
going this way.

on the ropes
taking a beating
with your words
yet you ignore
my pleading.

highs and lows
but without the
highs
giving it one too
many tries

forgive and forget
but i just cannot
when you hit me
again in the
very same spot

battered and bleeding
without a mark
on me
will i ever truly
be free

no escape route
four walls close in
here comes the
family is sacred
lecture again

full of platitudes
but lacking in
stability
just look at what's
become of me

rock paper scissors
i lose every time
scissors cut my
heart out
one last time

09/14/06

No comments: