Thursday, September 14, 2006

Can't Do This


I'm pretty sure I can't do this anymore.
Or maybe I'm just tired of the way we're living.
I'm sitting here wondering "what the hell?"
and hell is all you've been giving.

Spending my precious time
trying to stop the leak
but now the whole house is flooded
surrounding me, covering all I seek.

I lived like this growing up
and again here for far too long
no matter what I do or don't do
I'm always bound to be wrong.

I'm sure that choosing to stay
is a choice for losing what I have
of my soul, it's already withered
my joy is faded, my heart is sad

Insanity is knocking, steadily beckoning
consuming my logic, vying mightily
if I leave I might just regain
some of fragments of a fractured me.

Got to go, I have no choice
but to run and find some safety
All I know is I can't go on
the way we have here lately.

09/14/06



No comments: