Friday, August 04, 2006

The Line You Don't Want to Cross

Anyone that knows me knows that I don't swear unless I am furious. Even then, I try to keep it in check. Here's the quickest way to get me cussing mad. It's called the "Mother Bear Syndrome." :) At least that's what I call it.

The Line You Don't Want to Cross

Cut me, stab me
cause the blood to flow
I'll forgive you over and over
but there's one thing you should know.

Say what you want
Whatever you think is right
just don't mess with my kids
just don't go there, allright?

What makes you think
you can compete with them?
I carried them for nine months
I will protect them to the end.

I'm not a violent person
I keep my temper in check
but if you push me too far
the train is going to wreck.

I don't care what your opinion is
I don't care what you have to say-
Do me a favor and shut your mouth
Do what's wise and walk away.

I know my kids aren't perfect
like me, they have their faults
but I'll be damned if I will let them
be downgraded by so-called adults.

Why don't you look in the mirror
and start giving yourself advice...
you sure as hell could use some-
why not try it once or twice?

I'm not so sure you are that great
at managing your own juggling act-
So to console yourself you look around
to see who else's life is off track.

You aren't where you want to be-
things didn't end up how you thought.
So you go around nitpicking others
pretending to be someone you're not.

I'm not the only person around you
who can see through your fascade
you're not fooling many people
when you go around playing God.

Now for the synopsis of this tirade
to bring it all to a quick conclusion:
If it comes down to my kids or you-
Know that they're the ones I'm choosin'.


8/4/06.

No comments: