Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Drawn to You


Drawn to You

I'm so drawn to you
like you have
a magnet in your hand
pulling me to you
over and over again.
Why I can't walk away

is a mystery to me...
like a sequel
to some romantic comedy.
I wish with all that is in me
I could give up on you
forget the years we shared
and start over, fresh and new.
This incessant longing
to be by your side
betrays me daily
like some roller coaster ride.
I don't have an answer
to this riddle I've been given
this is just another hard test
in this crazy life we're living.

3 comments:

neicybelle said...

i so understand this one!

Holli said...

This one reminds me of when I was younger. Eric Brown (do you remember him)? I was so in love with him. I totally saw the good in him but he just couldn't let it out past whatever his demons were. But I kept going back and back and back. Like a magnet drawn to him...
oh the painful memories of a first love!

Kristi K. said...

You know, my recollection of Eric B. is vague, like many of my memories of my school years. I think in order to remember everything I have to in my daily life, I have to forget something else. ;) At this point, I've lost all the years up until like 4th grade. :) haha!

I had a couple of guys that still cross my mind. It seems so long ago, it's almost like I'm thinking of a movie I saw...that my life happened to another person all together. :) Sometimes I wish some of the stuff DID happen to someone else! :)