Monday, July 31, 2006

Who Do You Think You Are?!?



Who do you think you are to talk to me that way?
You've gotten by with it once, but not today.
Sitting there, smugly, like you own the world.
You might own everyone else, but not this girl.

I've got my own mind, don't tell me what to think-
I haven't told you yet, but I am right on the brink.
You aren't my boss and you sure aren't my father...
if you're gonna make excuses, don't even bother.

If you were me you'd do this and you'd do that-
Did I ask your opinion as a matter of fact?
I wouldn't put you in charge of my worst enemy's dog;
the way you see reality is through one really dark fog.

Always quick with the tongue but not with your brain
If I sit here one more minute, I'll surely go insane!
When you open your mouth, I hear nails on a chalkboard
you seem to think you're God, Master and Lord!

I've got news for you, you're just talking to yourself
I hope all that hot air you share is good for your health!
You're far too smart to be so frighteningly witless

I'd kick you in the shins but there might be a witness.

I want you to go far, why not start now?
You're boring me to tears with all your know- how.
Yeah, I'm angry, and yet you won't call it a night
if you knew what's good for you, you'd exit stage right.

07/31/06
For those days when you could go off on someone and not care...

2 comments:

Holli said...

Wow - who ticked you off?
LOL! See that's my problem, I actually say the stuff which gets me absolutley no where but in a whole lotta trouble!
Maybe I should try writing it down instead.

Kristi K. said...

Holli,
That's funny, because I wrote this poem regarding the day I finally told a coworker off. It was a couple of years back that it happened. I was just remembering it yesterday and thought I'd post a poem about it. :) It takes quite a bit to make me mad, but when I get there, uh oh. :)