Friday, September 08, 2006

Without Even Trying


Without giving it a thought-
you made me feel like crying
killed my joy
without even trying.

Doesn't take much
and that's just what you give
what a life
what a way to live.

Doesn't matter
how I feel about all of this
"Just get over it."
"Forget about it, Kris."

I don't know
if we can survive at all
thought we could
before summer turned to fall.

I'm crazy for staying
insane for wanting to go
Giving up isn't easy
this is the only life I know.

I have to think
about my responsibilities
just can't seem
to set my mind at ease.

Feel like running
but I am out of shape
I'd run a block
and fall flat on my face.

Just like the time
I wanted to run away
but I wasn't allowed
outside of the gate.

I'm standing on the sidewalk
with a paper sack in hand
only a coat in it
with my shoes full of sand.

I don't have a clue
yet so many come to me
Who am I...
to give advice so freely?

Just sitting here
I find myself crying
I may cry a river
without even trying.

9/8/2006

No comments: