Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Good Day

i can write and type and read and play
this is going to be such a good day

sun is shining but it's not too hot
i'm counting blessings because i have a lot

shoes on my feet and clothes on my back
even if i have some baggage left to unpack

that's okay, i don't mind the wait
this is my life, my soul, my fate

i have a job and food and shelter and drink
i can live, i can love, i can laugh and think

the people i love seem to love me in return
every day there is something new to learn

though there is a lost and found box in my heart
looking in there might not be a bad start

some people have passed- some are still here
i have more to hope for than i have to fear

if i gave it some thought i'd have to say
i think this is going to be a such a good day

No comments: