Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Forgetting



I say let's just forget about it...
there's no use fighting this hard-
why are we holding on to nothing,
airing our dirty linens in the yard?

People can be forgotten, you know
sometimes it takes lots of painful years.
Finally the memory of their faces will pass-
like a sun faded photo flecked with tears.

Let's just leave this in the stillness...
can't see us finding any better way.
Why force a happy ending on this sadness?
We always knew it had to end some day.

Our hearts pounded, pressed together-
then empty hours too quickly followed.
My body melted every time I saw you;
soon my soul was rendered hollow.

"No good can come of this," He said...
for He knew what would remain.
Trying to protect His child from the bitter,
He knew what hearts could not contain.

I say let's just forget about it,
though it's easier said than done.
Don't look back at what there once was...
Close your eyes and begin to run.


06/21/06


For every love that's meant to be, there are a hundred that aren't. This is my tribute to the lost loves.

No comments: