Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Kind of Guy You Are

Written for my husband in June of 2004, for the Father's Day scrapbook I made for him.

The Kind of Guy You Are

You're the kind of guy
who loves the smell of the fall air
jacket weather and pumpkin pie...
and football, of course.
You also like snow between Thanksgiving
and Christmas....and even after that
for a few weeks, but then like the rest of us
you get antsy for Spring.

You cook, and you do it well-
sometimes you even bake a cake
but mostly you stick to cooking.
Although, you're a really good baker, too.

You love packing up the vehicle
and the kids to go to the drive in;
to see movies and stay up late.
Then we are both too tired to function
the next day, but it's fun being lazy together.

You love to take your family fishing
we all look forward to it,
and you always have to string our poles.
That gets on your nerves, but you do it, anyway.

You buy me flowers
for no particular reason, other than
that you saw flowers and thought of me.
You buy the real expensive cards
and when I look at the back I say,"Quit spending so much on cards for me!"
But you never listen.

You really like to travel by car or van- you like
to stay in hotels...even if money is tight
and we have to stay in the most basic room
they have without a pool or tiny shampoos.

You are a very talented artist, but you
hardly ever draw anymore, although
I wish you would because it impresses me.


You don't usually talk a whole lot,
but when you get going you can have
a lot to say, and sometimes it's pretty deep stuff.
You are mostly serious and quiet;
when you are funny you are downright
hilarious, and you suprise me to no end.
You laugh out loud when something strikes
you as amusing...your high pitched laugh
makes me laugh but I try not to show it.

You are one of the most loyal people
I have ever known. You don't get close to
people easily, but the ones you do get close
to, you stand by no matter what.

You love to sing in the car, but only
when the radio is on. You also like to play
the radios or cds when you clean, too.
You like 80's music, but you like all kinds of
music. The fact that you love hard rock music
suprises a lot of people, but not me.

You hold me in high regard...sometimes higher
than I think I deserve, but it's so nice to be
that high up on someone's list.

You get frustrated because you think you
aren't where you should be in life, aren't
making progress, aren't doing everything
you should....
but I think you're doing just fine. You have
a great work ethic, and I think that working hard
pays off in the long run.

All of these things...and more...make you the kind
of guy you are... Or at least that's how I see it.
These are the qualities you possess...the things that you
do and the feelings you have that endear me to you.
I loved you from the moment I met you,
and through our super high highs and really low lows, I still can't see me without you.

No comments: